How do I get a Leonia Library card?
If you are a Leonia resident, you may apply for a free Leonia Library card. To obtain your card, fill out an application at the Circulation Desk and present one of the following forms of I.D. showing your name and current Leonia address:
- Valid Driver's License
- County I.D. Card
- DMV Non-Driver I.D. Card
- Recent Utility Bill
- Recent Property Tax Bill
- Recent Lease or Rental Agreement
- Recent Bank Statement (no checkbooks)
- Recent First-Class Mail from any Government Agency
- Recent High School or College Report Card or Transcript
Each family member (school-age-and up) should have his/her own Library card. We will accept parent's I.D. for children age 17 and under if accompanied by a parent. Parent/Guardian signature is required for children age 17 and under.
What can I do with a Leonia Public Library card?
With a Leonia Library card, you can:
- In person borrow from over 74 libraries in the BCCLS system.
- Request items from your home or office via the BCCLS website and have them delivered to the Leonia Library. Books can be returned in Leonia.
- Receive email reminders that your books, dvds and cds are due soon
- Renew books online
- Get full text articles from over 1,000 journals
- Access the New York Times back to 1851
I work/attend school in Leonia, but do not live in town, May I get a Leonia library card?
You may obtain a free courtesy card which entitles you to borrow and reserve Leonia Library materials if you work or attend school in Leonia and do not live in a town served by libraries in BCCLS:
In addition to one form of I.D. from the above list with your home address, you must also present proof that you work or attend school in Leonia:
- Employee I.D. card with work address
- Recent pay stub with work address
- Letter from supervisor on company letterhead verifying employment
- Recent school report card or school I.D. card
How can I see what library materials I have out?
"My Account" located at http://www.bccls.org allows you to review items you currently have checked out, outstanding fines, and pending requests. You may renew items online before they become overdue.
To check your library account, you will need a Password (PIN). If you do not yet have a password, please ask for one the next time you visit your local library. Once a Password has been assigned to your library card account you will be able to change your Password yourself via this web site.
- Go to the website: http://www.bccls.org
- Find "My Account" on the left hand side column
- Enter your library card number and Password